Again, more than 40 updates were filled with additional
In 2005, the second Stutz Meet took place at Carlisle, thanks to Ron and Wendy Swartley,
thanks to Jim Milliken, I drove to that Meet in a 81 Blackhawk.
I also met Virgil Exner, jr., again.
Another highlight was the found of the Klemantaski Collection, great to see some early Stutzes under construction.
- added a new photo album, showing pictures of the Stutz Meet 2004, taken by Butch Sedlow
- added a stutzy belt-buckle to the collectibles-website
- added a new mystery car, located in Holland
- renewed Jim Milliken's websites for his 1972, 1975, and 1981 Blackhawk
- renewed website for the different rear-designs
- the Simca Special, designed by Virgil Exner jr. is listed for an auction
- the Simca Special, designed by Virgil Exner jr. is listed for an auction, I just added a link to the auction
- at the same auction, there is also a 1975 Blackhawk listed, preowned by Johnny Cash, thanks to Russo & Steele
- added a photo album website for photos of the 2004 Stutz Meet, taken by Fred Kendall
- added some pictures to the Pontiac Grand Prix website
- the auction for the Simca Special is over, so I added the result to the website (I still have to renew the website completely...)
- Ron Swartley plans a 2005 Stutz Meet at Carlisle, PA, we already have 12 cars listed!
- added some magazine articles to the list
- added a website for other media appearances of Stutz cars
- some more facts about the mystery Blackhawk, must be a model of 1976
- added Clayton Crowe's 1975 Blackhawk to the list for the Stutz Meet 2005
- added an interior-photo of Gary Cochrane's 1974 Blackhawk
- a 1971 Blackhawk was sold to Virginia
- a 1973 Blackhawk was sold to Australia
- added a French magazine (Nitro 55, Dec. 1985) to the list of magazine articles
- Butch Sedlow will attend the Stutz Meet 2005 with his 1972 Blackhawk
- added scans of a 1978 press-release, including a sales sheet of a white Blackhawk to the list for original sales literature
- added some "other media appearences" to the list, thanks to Serge Hudon
- added an article (Modern Motor, August 1977) to the list of magazine articles
- renewed pictures of the last Bearcat II
- renewed pictures of the only Victoria with sidepipes
- added Patrick Martin's Bayliff Packard to the list for the Stutz Meet 2005
- renewed list of magazine articles, added an issue of a French "V8-Magazine", and a current issue of a German "Men's Car",
in addition to that I finally got an original issue of the 1979 "Car"-magazine
- renewed the website with other media-appearences of Stutz, Serge Hudon sent me a copy of the Dream-Car TV-segment
- added a 1972 Blackhawk to the registry, I added the car also to the Horror-website
- added a 1974 Blackhawk to the registry, not so many information (at the moment), so there is only one picture
- added new pictures of a unique, modified 1972 Blackhawk
- added more than 220 thumbnails, showing early photos of the Stutz production at the Padane factory:
The Klemantaski Collection start website (with two pics of the Exner Bugatti at the Torino Motor Show 1965)
The Klemantaski Collection, page 1 (showing the first prototype)
The Klemantaski Collection, page 2 (showing the construction of the second prototype)
The Klemantaski Collection, page 3 (showing more photos of the second prototype at the Padane factory)
The Klemantaski Collection, page 4 (showing the second prototype in front of the Padane factory)
The Klemantaski Collection, page 5 (showing the Duplex under construction)
The Klemantaski Collection, page 6 (photos of the Duplex)
thanks to Juergen for finding this source and thanks to The Klemantaski Collection for letting me show all these pics
- added a new magazine (L'Automobile #286, March 1970) to the literature-list
- two Stutzes were sold, a 1974 Blackhawk to Gil Eshom II, and a 1981 IV-Porte that was offered by Automania
- added two Stutzes to the list for the 2005 Stutz Meet, John Palermo and his 1974 Blackhawk, preowned by Evel Knievel, and
Jim Milliken's 1981 Blackhawk, the car will be driven by: ME! :o)
there will be another car with us, not a Stutz, but a rare/unique Corvorado, created by Les Dunham (I will try to add some information on that car during the next week...)
- renewed the website for the Stutz Meet, added Lee Secrest to the list (sorry, I had forgotten the last time...)
- more info about the Corvorado
- added 2 Stutzes to the list for the Stutz Meet, Bob Risley and his 1982 Blackhawk (no pics, yet), and Tony Grova with his 1974 Blackhawk
- added pictures of a 1981 IV-Porte, owned by D. Hamilton
- added a 1974 Blackhawk to the "For-Sale"-website, the owner has passed away
- new photos of the IV-Porte that is currently for sale at Ebay
- added the first picture of an early 1971 Blackhawk, thanks to Jerome Washer
- added some photos of a 1978 Blackhawk, thanks to Harold Pace
- Russ Howe has sold his 1976 Blackhawk to Robert Stanley, who is also the new owner of another Blackhawk
- added a T-Shirt to the collectibles-website, thanks to Fred Kendall
- added a 1972 Blackhawk to the registry, it was preowned by Sammy Davis jr., and featured in the HotCars-folder, thanks to Scott Murphy from Photodesignstudios
- added a website with some new pics of Stutz #7, a 1971 Blackhawk, owned by J. Washer
- added a picture of Paul Casey's 1975 Blackhawk
Before I leave for my trip to the Stutz Meet :o) a small update
- sensational photo of a late, and small Stutz Bear with LXX-tires! (scroll down!) Hehehe!
- added two articles to the Magazine-list (Deutsche Automobil-Revue, October 1983 and Australian Wheels, August 1975)
After more than a month, here is an update. Wow!
The reason is of course that I had the chance to attend the 2005 Stutz Meet, and so I have some new photos.
But, before I can list some of the additions to the
Stutz homepage, I have to inform the Stutz community that I got the information
that Mr. Rinaldo Mina died in late June, 2005.
Rinaldo Mina, aged 62, was the owner of the Carrozzeria Saturn, the place where most of the Stutzes were built. During the following weeks, I will try to create a website for him. If someone has any information, or pictures, please let me know.
Coming to the Stutz Meet:
It was great, and everyone who hadn't the chance to be there missed something very special!
Here are the additions:
- renewed website for the Stutz Meet 2005
- new photos, showing Richard Rhoades' 1971 Blackhawk
- new photos, showing Barney Loucks' 1984 Victoria
- some new photos, showing Jim Milliken's 1972 Blackhawk
- some new photos of Corey Raub's recolored 1974 Blackhawk
- added a photo of a renewed Stutz-trailer
not related to the Stutz Meet:
- new photos of Bengt Dahlgren's recolored 1971 Blackhawk
- created a website for a 1974 Blackhawk that was auctioned on Ebay
- added the VIN of a Bearcat II to the registry, the car was on Ebay, too
- added a website for Bob Risley's 1982 Blackhawk, photos were taken at the Stutz-Meet
- added a website with photos of non-Stutzes at the GM-Carlisle-Meet
- added some photos of a 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix
- added some photos of two 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix
- added a 1979 Bearcat to the registry, the car was preowned by James D. O'Donnell!
- added two press-releases about the Bearcat II to the website with sales-literature, thanks to Fred Kendall
Bearcat II Press Release (page 1 / page 2 / page 3)
British Bearcat II Press Release (page 1 / page 2 / page 3 / page 4 / page 5 / photosheet)
- renewed the website for a 1976 Blackhawk, the car is now owned by Ken Bist :o)
- renewed the website of the Dunham Corvorado, which was part of our Meet
- added a website for a Dunham Caballista, which was also at the Meet
- added two press photos for the Bearcat II to the website of sales-literature, thanks to Fred Kendall
- added some pictures of the 2005 Stutz Meet, taken by Ron Swartley
- added a website for some press releases, published by Bill Doll & Company, Inc., thanks to Bill Doll!
- added two actual pictures of the 1979 Bearcat that belonged to Mr. O'Donnell
- renewed website for a 1974 Blackhawk, Al Bianco sold the car to Victory Cars
- added some magazine articles (German "Street-magazine") to the list of literature
- added a magazine to the Chrysler 300-website
- renewed the websites for the following Stutzes, all these cars were sold:
1974 Blackhawk, preowned by Al Bianco
1974 Blackhawk, preowned by Glenn Williams
1975 Blackhawk, preowned by Johnny Cash(?), added one photo
1977 Blackhawk, preowned by Joel Haffner,
the new owner is Ken Ramsey, owner of a wonderful 1971 Blackhawk, too.
Yes, 4 cars and only one new owner! Congratulations!!!
- added the VIN for the 1982 Blackhawk, owned by Bob Risley (we saw the car at the 2005 Stutz Meet
- added two articles to the website for magazine-articles
(Motor Trend June 1979 and actual issue of Kit Cars, September 2005!!! WOW!)
just a small update, and not really Stutz-related:
- added a website for a second Dunham Corvorado, it's for sale, more Stutz-News will follow, soon
- Mike Armour sold his 1974 Blackhawk
- added some pictures to the Chrysler 300 website, thanks to Ron Swartley
- replaced a picture of a 1961 Imperial Coupe
- added an article (R&T, April 1959, Simca Special by Virgil Exner, jr.) to the literature-website
Gary Cochrane informed me that on Sunday, 21st, there will be a TV-segment on Travel Channel,
Star Travel, Episode 2 will feature the Petersen Museum, and there is
Wayne Newton's Stutz D'Italia
Who can record it???
Coming to the news of the homepage:
- added a 1976 Blackhawk to the registry, thanks to the new owner, Christian Troël from France
- new photos for a 1972 Blackhawk Roadster ;o
- Adrian Chadwick sold his 1976 Blackhawk
- new photos of the Plymouth Asymmetrica, the production car of the XNR-concept
- Z. Rosner sold his 1976 Blackhawk
- Paul Casey offers his 1971 Blackhawk for sale
- added a 1972 Blackhawk to the registry, it's for sale
Sorry, at the moment, I'm quite busy, more news coming
There was an interesting car show at Germany, and next week, there will be the German International Motor Show...
- added some pictures to the 1972 Blackhawk, that I added two days before
- added some pictures of Virgil Exner's Simca Special, taken at the Concorso Italiano 2005
thanks to K.L. Theobald, a Vector-fan, for sharing his photos with us
- added some pics to the website for the Stutz Bear
- added a picture of the Gabonese Stutz Royale, thanks to TK-Automobilia
(they offer press-photos of Stutz, until the end of September for a reduced price!!!)
- added a website with some more photos of the Stutz Meet 2005
- added a website with additional photos of the 2004 Stutz Meet
- added some pics to the website for the Stutz prototype
- added some pics to the website of the Stutz-Truck, thanks to Branko Kavcic for sharing his photos with us
by the way, I added also some photos that I have taken at the German Motor Show...
- added a 1974 Blackhawk to the registry, thanks to Gary Cochrane
- renewed the Magazine-Literature-website, thanks to Clayton Crowe, he sent me an issue of the KitCars-magazine
- renewed the website for the Bugatti 101
no new info on the Exner-Bugatti, but I was able to add photos of an unknown T101
thanks to www.traumautoarchiv.de
- added a letter, written by Jules Meyers, including 5 press photos to the list of sales-literature
so I renewed the website for the pics of 1972 Blackhawks, for Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis
- added some pics to Ken Ramsey's websites for his Stutzes:
- added some pictures of the Exner Bugatti, thanks to Frank Buhrs
(I split the website for the Bugatti 101, so the other 101 models are now located here)
- renewed the website for a 1981 Blackhawk, the car is now owned by Gary Cochrane, owner of a 1974 Blackhawk, too.
- added a French article (Rétroviseur, Sept. 1997) to the website for magazine articles
- added a 1977 Blackhawk to the registry, located in Great Britain, thanks to Stewart Walker
- added a pic to the website for the Plymouth Asimetrica
- added a pic of the Mercer Cobra
- added a pic of O'Donnell's 1979 Bearcat
three times thanks to Chris Clarke from Blackhawk Collection
- added first pictures of the 1976 Blackhawk from France
- added some pictures of a 1974 Blackhawk in Great Britain
so a very European update ;o)
Did you know that Barrett-Jackson will auction the Chrysler D'Elegance in January 2006?
- renewed the website for a IV-Porte in Switzerland, it's now for sale
- relocated a beautiful 1979 Bearcat, some new pics, and the Stutz is for sale
Just before the last-update of 2005, the traditional Christmas-Update...
- added a 1974 Blackhawk to the registry, currently on Ebay
The "traditional" christmas-update, smaller than in the years before, due to some Stutz related projects,
but hopefully big enough to keep you interested in the Stutzes.
A lot of Stutzians helped me to show new facts, and photos, we had a very stutzy 2005.
The second Stutz Meet, for example, we also found some new Stutzes for the registry, some new literature etc.
Thanks to all!
Special thanks to Jim Milliken, it was great to drive your 1981 Blackhawk!
Thanks to Virgil Exner, jr. for supporting the homepage with a lot of info.
Thanks to Richard Rhoades, giving me his Stutz material for doing the scans, as soon as possible I will add all your material...
Additional thanks to Branko Kavcic, Ron Swartley, Brooks Brown, Fred Kendall, Serge Hudon and all the other Stutzians!!!
Coming to the update:
- added a website for the 2005 LaSalle Revival Car, designed by Virgil Exner, jr.
- added a website for the 2004 Chrysler Imperial Revival Car, designed by Virgil Exner, jr.
- added a website with water-color-paintings by Virgil Exner, sr.
and here some stutzy news:
- added a website for the Stutz D'Italia
- added a website for a press-release for the D'Italia
- added a website, showing a letter, written by James D. O'Donnell, back in 1976
- added some interesting design sketches of the IV-Porte to the Sedan-website
- Dr. Karpman sold his 1971 Blackhawk to Adrian Chadwick
- added some photos of the Pininfarina Modulo to the website of Paolo Martin
- added extra websites for Paolo Martin's BLMC 1100, and his NSU Ro80 2portes+2
Interested in old additions?
Here you can find out what happened in
and here you can find real old stuff